HOLIDAY WITH MORE THAN 300 SUNNY DAYS
Recreation, sport, nature and culture in Burgenland
With more than 300 days of sunshine a year and the mild pannonian climate, vacationers and those seeking relaxation feel particularly well all year around in the east of Austria. A variety of sights from the Esterházy palace & the Haydn house at the provincial capital Eisenstadt to the village museum Mönchhof and the Familypark are waiting for you to discover them. Well-known cultural events such as the “Seefestspiele Mörbisch” are cultural highlights in the summer season. The unique natural landscape with its wide plains, idyllic vineyards and a unique habitat has been declared a UNESCO world heritage site. With its extraordinary flora & fauna the national park “Neusiedler See – Seewinkel” excites its spectators. Surfing, sailing, stand-up paddling and relaxing in the St. Martins Spa are also available so water lovers get their money’s worth! The proximity to Vienna and Bratislava and the various recreational offers characterize the holiday region.
Cycling enthusiasts feel at home here due to the over 1.000 km of cycle paths, spread over 40 cycle routes around the lake. These go through the parks and the world heritage region of lake Neusiedl and provide versatile offers for sporty visitors.
Highlights in the UNESCO World Heritage
- Nationalpark Neusiedler See-Seewinkel
- World Heritage Park Neusiedler See-Leithagebirge
- Lido hopping at Lake Neusiedl
- Cultural sights
- St. Margarethen quarry: one of the oldest and biggest in Europe.
Lake Neusiedl Card
Every guest who spends a night in one of the partner accommodation businesses receives the Lake Neusiedl Card absolutely free and as a result can use 50 free services. To ensure climate-friendly mobility within the Pearl, overnight guests which own the Lake Neusiedl Card can also use public transport in the region free of charge.
Sanfte Mobilität in der Perle
Vienna railway station / Bratislava railway station/ Neusiedl am See railway station
Trains: Bicycle transportation is available for an extra fee
- 40 min. from Vienna to Neusiedl am See – www.oebb.at, +43 5 17 17,
- 45 min. from Bratislava Petržalka to Neusiedl am See – www.oebb.at, +43 5 17 17
- VOR AnachB route planner – www.anachb.at, +43 800 22 23 24
- 6 bicycle ferries in the region of Lake Neusiedl – www.neusiedlersee.com, +43 2167 8600
- 40 cycle paths with approximately 1.000 km, Lake Neusiedl bike path B10 awarded with 5 stars (ADFC)
- many resting areas around the lake,
- free cycle route App – www.neusiedlersee.com, +43 2167 8600
Bike & e-bike services:
- numerous bike rental and bike service stations available, bike cabs on demand – www.neusiedlersee.com, +43 2167 8600